Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fever Series

First of all, here are the books in this series...

Book 1 - Darkfever
Book 2 - Bloodfever
Book 3 - Faefever
Book 4 - Dreamfever
Book 5 - Shadowfever

Secondly, Read. Them. NOW!

Ok, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I don't even know where to begin.  I read the first book because I got it as one of my "Free Friday" book on my Barnes & Noble Nook.  I had no idea what it was, who Karen Marie Moning was, or any idea what it was going to be about.  I was hooked from the first chapter.  I quickly read the next two in the series and then decided I wanted to start my summer vacation with the final two books in the series.

They were worth the wait.  To say I devoured the last two books is an understatement.  It took me two days to read the fourth book.  I read the entire last book in 36 hours.  I want everyone I know to read this series.

It it wildly creative.  The chemistry between Barrons and Mac puts everything I felt for Bella and Edward to shame.  It has magic, fairies, multiple worlds, war, fighting, gross and disgusting beings, beautiful and unnerving beings, sex, love, hate.

It makes you feel despair, depleted, enlivened, enthralled, embarrassed, angry, paranoid, strong, weak, crazed, hopeful, hopeless.  It energized you, then beats you down and absolutely exhausts you.  It makes you want to cheer and weep and scream and laugh and smile and roar in frustration (all of which I did at some point). 

Even as I write this (I finished the last book about 45 minutes ago) I want more.  I will never be able to have enough of these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment