Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bad Teacher

Okay, so being a Junior High teacher I had REALLY, REALLY high expectations for this movie to make me laugh until I cried.  I was in the mood to come out of the theater with my stomach hurting from laughing to hard.  I was very, very disappointed.  Instead of it being a movie about the teacher and the crazy things she does in her classroom, it was about her finding a rich guy to take care of her, who instead falls for the teacher across the hall.  It then turned into which teacher could one up the other.  It is about standardized tests and the fight to win the bonus (gee, I sure wish my school did that) of receiving the highest scores after the scores came in.  It is about finding true love (or something like that), despite money (or lack thereof).

This is NOT a movie for the junior high kids it is not even about.  Some parts even made me uncomfortable and very thankful I hadn't asked my dad to tag along to see it with me. 

Was it funny, sure, but not at all how it could have been had it taken some different plot turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment